Mechanical Engineering is the broadest engineering discipline encompassing a wide variety of engineering fields and many specialties.
Mechanical engineers learn about materials, solid and fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, control, instrumentation, design, robotics,
computer aided Design, CAM, CFD and manufacturing to understand mechanical systems. The breadth of the mechanical engineering discipline allows students a variety of career options. Mechanical engineering is therefore a challenging, rewarding, and highly respected profession.
The Mechanical Engineering Department was established in the year 2009. The Department offers students the opportunity to pursue an exceptional,
high quality education. Our 450 students learn in a thriving and dynamic environment emphasizing solid academics and sound hands-on skills.
Department is one of the largest in terms of faculty, students, & activities and continues to lead and expand its activities in various directions.
The Department has a distinguished faculty, dedicated staff and superb student body that effectively work together to fulfill our academic mission. The faculty members are drawn from the industry and academicians to enhance the delivery of academic programmes.
Our faculty members strive to provide outstanding teaching, cutting-edge research, effective mentoring of students, active improvement of curricular programs and effective leadership in professional societies.. The academic activities are supported by seven well equipped laboratories/research centres. Experimental and computational facilities are being continuously upgraded. Industry interaction has been increased with formation Entrepreneurship Development Club. The Department of Mechanical Engineering at G.V.Acharya Institute of Engineering and technology is committed to excellence in its teaching and research.
• To provide sound knowledge of computing principles and their applications in scientific and engineering domains.
• To develop student’s ability to analyze problem scenarios and evolve solutions involving selected areas of computing.
• To expose students to principles and practices of design and development of computing systems.
• To enable students to identify new computing trends and understand emerging technologies.
• To enable students to gain the ability to identify, formulate and solve challenging problems both in hardware and software systems.